Title: International Marketing, Communication & PR Assistant
Reports to: Marketing communication manager
Contract: 5-6 months fulltime internship
Segway Europe recently (June 2016) started her EMEA office in Amsterdam which sells andmarket luxury electronic transportation goods under the brands Segway and Ninebot by Segway with products for the B2B as well as the consumer market. Ninebot is a privately held company headquartered in Beijing, China. Recently Ninebot strategically merged with Segway, located in Bedford, U.S. The combined company focuses on the research and development, design, manufacturing, distribution and sales of short-distance transportation products. The ultimate goal is to promote the evolution of our products to become the world’s leading provider of mobile robotics solutions. We are currently building up our distribution network and renewing the marketing & sales structure in the EMEA region.
For our Marketing team we are looking for a student who would like to do a work experience internship at Segway Europe, located in Amsterdam, for the minimum duration of 5 months. The starting date will be ideally on the 29th of January 2018.
In this position you will assist the marketing communication manager in all different kind of tasks. Such as organizing events, help with online content management of segway.com (in various languages), manage distribution partners in their marketing activities, create monthly newsletters, set up, maintain and analyze social media channels, develop Point of Sales materials, product launches and help with analyzing the current market situation and new opportunities.
The office still has quite a small team (14 people), but is growing fast with a young ambitious and result-driven team.
- Support in organizing events & experiences
- Copywriting of news articles, newsletters, website texts and social posts
- Content management for social media and website
- Management of the dealer portal with images, documents and other marketing materials
- Support marketing in reports, analytics and creating presentations and agency briefs
- Develop Point of Sale materials like brochures, product displays and flyers
- Manage and monitor social media pages
- Studying marketing, communication, (international) business or other related study on bachelor or master level at an accredited college/university
- Ideally in 3rd or 4th year or at Master’s level
- Excellent communications skills, spoken and written
- Proficient in English (you will be working in an International team), knowledge of Dutch is a benefit but not required
- Ability to interact with both external and internal customers at all levels and with different cultures
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for problem solving
- Talent for copywriting, long and short texts
- Strong analytical & computer skills; Excel & PowerPoint experience is a must
- Web savvy, thorough understanding of social media
- Good time management and able to work independently
- Proactive, positive and energetic work attitude
- Able to think out-of-the-box
- High sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Hands-on mentality
- Positive energy, optimist
- Good communication and social skills
- Effective Communication
- Effective Planning & Organizing skills
What can you expect?
- Be part of a start-up European organization in an international environment.
- Opportunity to bring your marketing ideas to live in the whole EMEA region
- A lot of responsibility and freedom to fulfill your position.
- A way to get noticed in a growing organization with future career opportunities.
- 400 euro internship compensation per month (gross based for fulltime work)
Want to join?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Marjolein Hessing before the 22nd of January 2018.